Monday, December 7, 2009

Success!

Yesterday's Anatomy & Bio-Mechanics for Bondage class was a great success for me. Max was very pleased, as well. I am hoping this means that I will be on the schedule for next year's workshop series.

I was a bit nervous going into this class for a variety of reasons. I was teaching for Max for the first time, and he was one of my mentors in rope. This class was the first one that had a lot of my opinions in it. All of my other classes have focused on anatomy and that is mostly cut & dried in terms on interpretation. This class had lots of anatomy but it also had a lot of "I think people should do this". Add in that as you get closer to the holidays, people tend to be busier and not have time for things like a workshop and maybe you can understand my worry that I would have a class of 3.

Next up on the teaching agenda is The Anatomy of Impact Play. I really wanted to name this class "How to whack on every possible surface of the human body without ending up in the ER." But that didn't seem very wise from a marketing standpoint. I certainly don't want to scare off anyone who is just embarking on their explorations into BDSM.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear it went so well. You're really establishing yourself in an important area. 'Safely hitting every possible body surface'...that's gonna be a long class!

Unknown said...

It was a great workshop!
I am excited for your new blog and lots of fun reading.

xoxo
~Sandra