Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Do you think you can turn this into a full suspension?"

Here is a photo of the hog-tie that did my back in.


This was during a particularly challenging and charming scene I had with Max earlier this month. How long I was in this tie is unclear to me, but he tightened it 3 or 4 times, so that tells me it was a while. (Time is hard to keep track of in these instances.) Only my belly is touching the ground. Generally, one makes sure there is a bony structure, in the case of a hog-tie that would be the ribs or the hips, for stability and support.

I have a habit of turning any partial suspension into a full one, which is why Max made his suggestion. In this position it was incredibly hard to gather the leverage necessary to lift off the ground. I did try, though, and I am suspicious that my efforts are the direct cause of my back going out of whack. Well, I am sure there were more factors that just that. In all honesty, I know I am going to play that hard again, so if I can figure out what the "last straw" was in this past injury, I can avoid it in the future.

No comments: