Friday, December 11, 2009

Good stuff, pt. 2

The second scene I had this week was another illuminating session in regards to why I should teach anatomy classes. (If I may so smug and boldly proud of myself.) This scene was with a dear friend with whom I play with approximately once a year. He also was in attendance for the Anatomy & Bio-Mechanics for Bondage last Sunday. While our play did not radically deviate from his style, there were subtle ways in which he approached my body differently than previous sessions.

Later he told me how he took lots of notes that were fairly specific to me. It seems I add in enough personal experience when teaching that he learned more than a couple things about me physically that he did not know. It was a really wonderful scene that bumped up against my limits without breaking me on a physical level. That gave me some insight into how my negotiations could be more detailed.

He put me through 3 different positions, each more stringent than the next, working me into greater intensity, pushing my flexibility. It was quite wonderful. I love a good challenge. Halfway through the second tie I felt myself on the edge of my capabilities. He managed to keep me on that edge for the rest of the time! Pushing just enough after each little rest for a nice sustainable level of play.

So here I am, 2 days later and nicely recovered and happy. In the past, to get this settled, I need to play to the point of exhaustion. That kind of intensity precludes playing frequently. I would put that scene on the high on the "working smarter, not harder" scale. I will definitely look at how I can communicate to other play partner clearly enough to work in that same zone of intelligent intensity.

No comments: