Thursday, December 17, 2009

Doing the happy dance!

Last night I had another rehearsal for the aerial bondage performance piece that will be in this Friday's Little Red Studio. The choreography we had set down last week came together quite nicely. Between the three of us, we were able to create a way to tell the story with only actions, as the song is mostly there to convey mood.

One of the things we have to keep in mind is how to conserve my energy. I can perform this type of aerial work for 3-4 minutes. What makes it difficult for me to go longer is holding my core contracted for that whole time. The more dynamic tricks I do, the more chance I have to use different muscles and let my core rest. In this act, I am still much of the time, just holding a pose while I fly around. Very strenuous. Since the song we are using is over 6 minutes, we have to be smart about choreography I want to be able to make it though the whole act without collapsing until I am supposed to at the end.

I am glad the Mean Man is available to perform with me again. His last job precluded the possibility since he worked on show nights. Keeping up with my training has been difficult with no goal to work towards. Now that we will be performing regularly again, that will get me back on track.

If you can't see us this Friday at LRS, you have another chance this month. We are performing a different act on New Year's Eve and the Center for Sex Positive Culture. They have us scheduled to perform early in the evening, probably around 9:15pm. This particular act is a little more gritty and more raw and high energy.

No comments: