Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good stuff.

This last week I have had two great rope based scenes.

On Sunday, after my anatomy class, I had a pleasant first time experience with a gentleman who had attended my class. I was very impressed with his creative application of the information I had presented. During the calls I give a fair amount of time to where in the body one is most likely to encounter nerves while practicing bondage.

The Radial Nerve, that runs the length of the arm, has two areas where it is closer to the surface of the body and therefor more prone to irritation that the other major nerves of the arm. I cautioned that anatomy texts and instructors can give them an approximation of where this irritation is likely to occur, but that each human body one comes in contact with is unique. I used myself as an example of the possible variations that one can encounter.

On my left upper arm, the Radial Nerve is easily irritated, regardless of where the rope is placed. My right arm has no such troubles. I have not yet experienced any nerve impingement from a chest harness that incorporates my arms on the right side.

The negotiations went smoothly and we progressed into the first tie, a chest harness which quickly proved to be different than any one I had ever been put in. After placing the wraps around my torso, he pulled my right hand behind my back and worked my arm into the harness, leaving my left arm free. Asymmetrical ties are always odd because they are harder for the brain to deal with due to being unbalanced. At the end of the tie, he looped just my left wrist to my right wrist, essentially leaving my left arm unencumbered.

The result was incredible. I was able to be rolled around on the ground in a full chest harness without any unintended discomfort. Normally, that would be a recipe for disaster in the form of nerve irritation.

Yay for creative tops who listen well!

No comments: