Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I need a new title.

Names are very important to me. Each job I have had, if it was a good and fun job, came with an interesting title. Now, sometimes this meant I had to rework the job title a smidge.

When I first started working at LRS, I was Jeff's personal assistant and my title was Grrrl Friday. A strong spin on a sexist job title. While I was the Spa Manager, I took up the moniker "Spa Queen" since I was in charge and made all the rules. A friend thought that title inadequate and dubbed me "The Anit-Gravity Masseuse of Doom." Which has a great ring to it and now that I am not the Spa Manager, is still applicable to my massaging-in-water proclivities.

But now I am the Director of the Little Red Studio shows. So dry and academic. In my zeal to bring back old conventions I teasingly referred to myself as Frau Direktor. That is not quite right, so I am still looking. I want it to be a light-hearted, "I'm not really taking myself seriously but you should" type of title.

Suggestions should be amusing, witty and offered with the idea that it has an equal chance of being ignored or applied literally. Thank you for playing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bodacious prefect of thespians or
ringmistress

Sophia Sky said...

Oooo! Prefect is a great word!