Monday, August 30, 2010

New bike home safe & sound!

What a lovely evening for the inaugural ride of Baby Blue. Baby is a 2000 Suzuki SV650 and she is all mine!

After a long day at work that left me exhausted and apathetic, riding was the perfect remedy. A remedy I have been without for far too long. I have gone without riding for 2 months at a stretch, but those times were of my choosing. With the Ninja stolen and wrecked right at the beginning of summer, every beautiful day has been a painful reminder that there were certain pleasures that were not available to me.

That's all behind me now. Baby is a sweet, nimble ride. When my friends were telling me they had the SV for sale, I tried to blow off the offer. Domenico made such a big deal about this being a perfect bike for me; I felt obligated to at least give it a sit and test ride.

The man knows his bikes, and he know me. I should have never doubted as this is indeed a perfect bike for me. Traitorous feelings arise in me when I think of how I might just like Baby better than my old Ninja. I do still miss the Ninja (I have enshrined it's license plan & the Ninja Devil Ducky that TFMK(tm) gave me and I mounted on the tail fairing) but I am no longer pining for it.

No comments: