Friday, August 13, 2010

Another play!

My time with the Lady. Performances run Thurs 8/19-Sat 8/21, Thu 8/26, Sat 8/28, Sun 8/29, and all performances start at 8 pm.

A dear friend of mine has co-written and stars in an autobiographical play about his time working at the Seattle Lusty Lady. The Lusty lady was the first "strip club" I ever went to and it was an exhilarating experience. The rush of adrenaline that accompanied the act of shrugging off societies mores. The sheer naughty factor was always so yummy. Whenever I had business to attend to downtown, I would go into the Lady and pop a quarter in the slot, eager for the window to raise so I could see the beauties moving and dancing in their mirrored room. 25 cents gave me a glimpse that hovered in the back of my mind all day.

I miss the Lusty Lady.

I am very excited that this play will be opening next week. I already have a date and a ticket for the opening show on August 19th. Hope to see you there!

No comments: