Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Squeeeeee!

There is a fun podcast series that I enjoy called Dr. Dick's Sex Advice. I first started hearing about it earlier this year from some friends of mine, so I did what everyone else does and followed their links to it and was charmed by his easy going manner and wit. Dr. Dick has a lovely interview style that reminds me of Bill Moyers in that he leads, steers and prods his guest gently so that the information and conversation flows beautifully.

So I got a note from him asking me if he could talk to me as part of his Sex Wisdom series. Me? Really?! That's so cool! After a few moments of fan-girl-ing out, I collect myself and gave him a call. I managed to not blurt out that he really doesn't want me on his show, as I didn't want to imply he had bad taste or anything in what/who he found interesting. It's more a matter that I am a bit concerned that I will not be up to the level of people he is used to working with and scared that I am not that interesting.

We had a lovely chat that culminated in how talking to people about anatomy in relation to their sex lives is something that doesn't come up near enough. Looks like we might have a topic! More details when they are finalized.

No comments: