Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 3

The colours visible on my toe are much more vibrant today. Most likely because I spent 7 hours on  my feet teaching.  I wasn't able to go out and get crutches before my classes started. On a healing stand point, that was bad. On a teaching stand point, it was way better not having to maneuver around as a 3 legged creature. By the end of the evening, I was in a fair amount of pain that even elevating and icing my foot didn't reduce.

It was worth it, though. My classes went really smoothly. I am already getting emails and tweets of thanks. One person wanted to let me know that he has "already put the theory into practice, with quite favorable results.'  Squeeeeeee! It's comments like these that really light me up. Spreading and increasing joy is why I teach.

*an hour later*

I am pleased to report that I have procured a pair of crutches and I am ready for the rest of my day. I had to strike a deal of putting my foot up for most of the day in exchange for getting to go to the nursery and pick out plants for our mini-garden. Then it's a mellow day of planting, BBQing and friends.  Everyone have a safe & happy 4th!

No comments: