Friday, May 21, 2010

New Suspension

Last night I went to the Grind's 10th anniversary. It was packed! I have been attending Grind semi-regularly for the last 6 years and it was interesting to realize that much the crowd has changed over the years. With the addition of the Chill and the RAW space, there hasn't been the same kind of packed, intense energy that was there last night. Even though the wait for a hard point was about 90 minutes, I loved the crowded feel. I hope people will remember how much fun the Grind is and attendance will be up.

Perhaps that is a bit tacky that I want there to be more people there so that I can get lost in the shuffle and ride the energy of a big crowd. I love playing at the Grind where the loud music and dark atmosphere envelope me and my partner, allowing us to create a bubble.  Exhibitionism isn't really my thing. If everyone would turn their backs while I was playing, that would be perfect. Yay for big crowds. Boo for big crowds watching me.

When we finally did get our turn on a hard point, it was toward the end of the evening. It always makes me a bit nervous how people when people start gathering when the Mean Man starts setting up a suspension. I did my stretches and focused on him and his movements. While I trust his knowledge, skill and experience when setting up his rig, its a good habit to watch a top make their rig. There is always the chance that I will catch a minor mistake and I always learn something. Tonight he had the block and tackle up, which meant we could get more creative with positioning since he could do all the tying on the ground and then lift me.

Trying to decide what to do is always tricky. I have so many persnickety body parts, figuring out how to tie me can take up a good portion on a scene. An inversion that could be turned into a hog-tie. Right-o! I love inversions, as they are so easy on my spine when he uses a 2 column tie on my legs. Hog-ties are a favourite of mine, as well, so restrictive. Yum!

With all the tying done, the Mean Man hoists me up. Laying underneath me, he swings and spins me while I feel him up. I love the feel of my hair swaying and losing and regaining eye contact due to the swinging.

"Ready to go up the rest of the way?"  As soon as I nod yes to his whispered question, he attaches an up line to the back of my chest harness, loops it through the ring and pulls to raise my torso, extending my back into an ever increasing arch. Halfway up, each pull elicits a loud groan from me that has people moving and looking over at our scene. A little embarrassing, but he starts me slowly spinning, so it's not easy to focus on what is going on around me any longer. My whole world consists of me and him and our connection. As the discomfort builds, he encourages me to move and I discover he has rigged the up lines so I can change the balance of my legs. I twist my hips so as to lie on my side and he uses one of the loose lines trailing from my bonds to spin me around. Tucking into a ball, I spin faster, building momentum. Releasing the tension in my body causes me to unfold and slow into a gentle, arching spin. In between  spins we lock eyes, touch hands and start the sequence again, looking for new variations.

These are the components of a good rope scene for me: connection, creativity, intensity and pleasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow ! I have yet to have my first suspension, but the way you describe it... I can't wait :)