Friday, May 7, 2010

Almost human.

Putting on a Festival as big as the Seattle Erotic Art Festival takes a lot of time and energy from a lot of people. I am not the only one who is tired and shell-shocked, by any means. 

All of us on the organizing committee have different ways of decompressing. One leaves town and spends a long weekend in an undisclosed locale without internet or cell reception. Lots of sleeping happens. Me, I lay out in the sun with a good book. I started reading What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures by Malcolm Gladwell and thoroughly enjoying it. So with book in hand, I went out and found a nice out of the way place where I can get nekkid in relative privacy.  Luckily, the only person around who could object digs the idea of naked people outside his window. So I should be set for the summer!

Today I had company. You would think that after such a huge social event such as SEAF I would relish some alone time. Nope, I was eager to find someone with which to share my sunny hide-away. Armed with blankets, lemon water and sunglasses, a dear friend, with whom I can share my stresses and woes, headed out for a few hours of lounging. One of the best parts was knowing that next time we meet up, he may be the one who needs to vent. It's good to have a friend who you can spill your guts to and know they aren't going to think ill of you, no matter how much you whine.

Cathartic conversation is better than a good book. Sometimes. But I still want to get back to that book.

 What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures

No comments: