Thursday, February 4, 2010

Check out this Carnal Nation review

My dear friend Michael Rosen sent me this link to a smashing review of his book, Vanilla Sex.  I am very pleased for him.  He is an incredible and fearless photographer whom I greatly admire and deserves to do well.

An excerpt that comments on the title of the book:
But Rosen's definition of vanilla is still more expansive than that. If you don't pick that up from the photos, he explains it explicitly in the Afterword: "For me, 'vanilla' means the spectrum of our community's sexuality: what we normally do. So, some photographs are of acts generally considered normal and standard... while others are of acts considered normal and standard only within the radical sex community."
Check out other books by Michael through Amazon.

1 comment:

MichaelRosenSF said...

A belated "thank you very much!". I do read your blog eventually ...

Michael