Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'll not be twarted!

I have been having the hardest time all day long with getting a post uploaded. I think I finally have it all figured out. Or at least I think I do. If this post doesn't show up by Monday morning, then I am not as clever as I hoped.

A dear friend of mine, Donnell Alexander, author and journalist extraordinaire, got a short animated film "Dock Ellis & the LSD No-No" accepted in the Sundance Film Festival.

I have been attempting to make a post asking people to help him raise enough money to get to Sundance. They have a paypal option or, if you happen to be in Venice, CA next weekend, you can attend the big bash they are throwing. Here is part of the email I got yesterday:
While the short’s co-producers are honored to have been chosen, they have become aware that honor doesn’t pay the air fare. Or peak-season Park City rents.
To that end, Neille and Donnell will hold a fundraiser at their Venice rental on Saturday, Jan. 16. A $10 donation gains you admission to a night of top-flight music, prizes and a perhaps your fill of alcohol. (Some of you have been glimpsed in action, so they’re promising exactly nothing.)

No comments: