Friday, January 22, 2010

Another show tomorrow- um, I mean, today.

I'm winding down from LRS rehearsal, waiting for the sugar and adreniline to work out of my system enough to sleep.   There were a few real moments of fear.  I had 2 people email me during the day to let me know they wouldn't be able to perform due to illness and another dancer show up with a hurt foot.  She's a trooper, though, as she is going to sing in the show.

Understudies are a rare thing in the Studio.  Mostly due to the fact that each performer is also the pregenitor of their act.  And so much of the art that is birthed in the Studio is of a personal nature.  Each artist and performer is keen to be the one to show off their art. I certainly don't mind waiting.

One of our artists broke her foot at the last LRS show in December. She did an amazingly dynamic monologue on a "shark board".  She gets bonus points and a smack upside the head for finishing her act after being injured. No one that I have talked to even knew that it had happened; she never even lost her composure or her lines.  She is back with an act that depends on her having a broken foot.  She's a nut and I am honoured to get to see her push through adveristy to perform.

One of our acts is a pair of lovelies who want a live run through of the act they are preparing for "Bang For the Buck!" which is coming up fast on January 30th.   Super hot!

My co-director and I are without a stage manager tonight, so we will be taking on those duties.  We have come up with pair of characters and costumes to make the set changes a lot more fun.  I don't want to give it away, so I won't say too much.  Let's just say it's a good thing her twin sister is in the military.

It's going to be a fun show! If you don't have Friday night plans, then come visit the Little Red Studio.   $25 advance tickets are available online until 6pm at Brown Paper Tickets.  $30 at the door.  Show starts at 9pm.

Maybe take advantage of the brand new dinner menu in the Little Red Bistro before hand.  The Bistro's new dinner options are 1/2 off this weekend only.  I have had the scallops plate which was divine!  The sauce was flavourful and mellow and the scallops themselves were not fishy tasting and the texture was perfection!

Thinking about my dinner tonight is making me hungry again.   I need to go to bed so it can be morning soon.  See you at the show tonight!

No comments: