Friday, April 9, 2010

New corset

*squeeeeeeee*

Got my new corset from Jack of One Wilde Knight.  It's beautiful black with forest green ribbon along the stays and eyelash yarn trim with red silk roses. With the metallic dark red long skirt I found in the back of my closet, I now have on of my outfits for the SEAF weekend.  I will definitely get a photo taken asap.

This is by far the most lovely garment I have ever owned. I am already planing on the custom corset I want next. Too bad my brain shut off after trying the 3rd one on. There was a denim corset that was long, so that it went halfway down my hips and covered my bust. The Mean Man & I loved that style best, but agreed that the fabric was all wrong for me.  We decided that meant we would have to put a custom corset in that style on the future purchases list.

Jack was incredible to work with during the sizing. Respectful and appreciative throughout the whole process, giving advice, historical information and including snippets of stories about each corset I tried on. A consummate artist, each corset went on with ease and within seconds an assessment of how it could be altered to fit my body perfectly ensued. Even though this was a commercial transaction, I feel gifted, not only by the Mean Man who arranged this transaction, but by Jack for making sure that I look gorgeous in his creation.

3 comments:

Donny Shell said...

Now *that's* something I'd like to see!

Next week's end finds me in Seattle, Sophia Sky. I'm hoping that I see you and that, by some miracle, you are wearing this corset.

Donnell

Sophia Sky said...

For you, I will gladly make that miricle happen.

*crossing my fingers*

Sophia Sky said...

For you, I will gladly make that miricle happen.

*crossing my fingers*