Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Must-Go show from the Jet City Improv peeps.

I am hoping to go Wing-I Productions' annual holiday show, Uncle Mike Ruin's Christmas after missing it last year.  I missed out on this run of improv hilarity and nastiness and was subjected to the "pooping out baby jesus" jokes that lasted weeks. And knowing this group, I am sure they would have been funny to me if I had seen the performance.

My dear friend Chris, an improv muscian, sent me this as a way of inticing me to attend:
This past Saturday was so over the top that the entire cast mimed masturbation as their final goodnight. I'm so proud. 
I don't know whether to be impressed with his perverse sense of pride or annoyed that he knows I am a sucker for anything having to do with masturbation. That said, I adore it when Jet City does an unscripted play. I thoroughly enjoyed "Lease" in 2008. The actor games that make up the run of the mill improv shows do nothing for me. Being witty is nice and all, but my attention span is a bit longer than a gnat's. But making the actors string it out into a fully fleshed-out and fucked up one hour length play? Now we're talking talent.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!  Remember to thank your loved ones for being in your life. They don't have to love you and the fact that they do is worthy of your gratitude.

No comments: