Thursday, November 11, 2010

Coming out.

 I am convinced to be a happy and whole person, one must embrace their sexuality. Most of my daily life is spent inside the "love bubble", that wondrous place where all your friends are sex positive and accepting of all your kinks. I am contemplating coming all the way out of the closet.

What keeps me from doing that? Having to say this: "Hey Gramma, you know those anatomy classes I teach? Well, I'm teaching people how to tie each other up and hit each other in a more effectively & safely."

I don't think that's going to go over well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think about this a lot. (And I'm not even as immersed in a kinky life as you.) And I think about my own self and how little I understood about kink and BDSM, i.e., my own lack of understanding and acceptance through lack of exposure.

The only folk outside my kink circles who know that side of me, are a couple people who would probably "cross over" if only opportunity presented itself. And even they do not know the "real" me.

I'm just going to leave it that way, at least for now, because I know what my attitudes were before I came to know myself better.