Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And there was much sadness.

I am very sad to report that my adorable purple Kawasaki EX500 was stolen and then crashed last Friday. Some rat bastard stole it, joy rode around for a few hours before trying to evade police by doing 60mph down NW Market. I am perversely pleased to report that after losing control, the thief was ejected from the bike and slid for approximately 70 feet in an undeveloped lot.

I am now bikeless. Well, technically, I still own a bike, I just can't ride it.

It is with a heavy heart that I offer my Ninja up for sale for $300 or first decent offer as a parts bike. Here's the Craigslist ad. Resurrection is not within my budget and I don't have the mechanical where with all to part it out.

Parts that are still good include, but not limited to:
motor (it ran beautifully before the crash; haven't fired it up since)
both rear fairings
front & rear tires (Avon, less than 100 miles on both)
frame (best as we can tell, it looks nice & straight)
instruments
gas tank (has 1 small dent, no damage to paint)


Help me get a jump start on my new bike fund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks! I guess there's not enough damage for insurance? I don't have collision but I do have fire and theft. What a nightmare, I'm really sorry to hear this.

Best of luck with a new bike and theft protection. (lock, alarm, gun)