Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

David Jones is in the house!
Today I get the present of words spoken by my favourite poet and dear friend, David L. Jones.  I am so excited that he has, along with many other former members of the Little Red Studio Poetry Posse, reading around town as part of the Floating Mountain Poets. He recently did an interview, his first as a poet of interest. Check it out at Poet Speaks Out!

One of the things we will talk about today is the possibility of working on a book that will collect works of words and pictures that I have inspired. I have to admit that embarrasses me. While I pride myself on having been a muse to many, I am not sure it is something to boast about. After all, it's more impressive tome when someone makes art. I am a facilitator as a model; I help artists bring their visions to life. In poetry, the one who inspires hasn't done any work.

Obviously, I am still trying to wrap my head around it. And my discomfort at being perceived as egotistical won't keep me from agreeing that it is a book that we could sell because it will have some amazing poetry and art in it. I will be arrogant in my boast that I join forces with very gifted artists, indeed.

I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments: