Friday, December 24, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes

What a day! And it's not even halfway done!

This morning, I went downtown and gave out Christmas care packages and food to "those less fortunate" with Santa, Allena, Drew from Ballard Brothers,  and a few others. It was an interesting experience and quite powerful that a little bit of generosity goes a very long way in the world. We'll being doing it next year on Christmas Eve morning.If you want to join us, please let me know.

On the night of the solstice, Jim and I did a photo shoot for his holiday card. This is actually the product of two shoots. The plan was to do the shoot on a roof that had a fantastic view of the Space Needle. At the last minute, permission was withdrawn, due to the number of people electing to watch the lunar eclipse on the roof.

Plan B to the rescue in the form of Photoshop. Jim shot the view of the Needle and the moon and we relocated to another rooftop and shot me spinning fire. He was careful to take the photos of me so that I was in scale with the view he took photos of earlier so that the composition would be as true to life as possible. I am pretty pleased with the result. For as cold as I was, I am amazed that the image isn't blurry from my shivers!

Now, it's off to the thrift store to find a roasting pan so I can finish making apple butter. (Cross your fingers for me.) Then to make elk stroganoff  for xmas dinner with my made family.

Whatever you choose to celebrate, may you and your loved ones enjoy wealth, health and happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

absolutely beautiful.
Thank you, and Jim, for sharing.

Merry Christmas!